Students in Home Health
The Home Health Section is working to expand the opportunities and information available to students. Section members frequently present at APTA's National Student Conclave (NSC) and students are encouraged to visit with Section leadership at both NSC and national APTA meetings, as well as to contact the Section directly for information.
The following documents provide students with an overview of the home health practice setting and opportunities for students in home health.
Introduction to Physical Therapy in the Home Care Setting
Articles for Students, including:
- Home Health Student Affiliations: Options & Opportunities by Jennifer Walsh, PT, DPT
- Opportunities in Home Care for New Professionals and Physical Therapist Students by Jennifer Wilson, PT, MBA
- Clinical Affiliations in Home Health: A Shared Perspective by Jennifer Walsh, PT, DPT, Mary Flannery, PT, MSPT, and Jeanette Brown, PT, MSPT
- Supervision of Therapist Assistants and Home Health Aides: A New Graduate's Challenge by Cheryle Atwater, PT, MPH, COS-C
- A Change in Direction Sparks Career Growth by Melody Washington, PT, DPT
Student Program Roadmap & Toolkit - Guidance on student programs in the home health setting.
New Graduate Mentorship Program - Guidance on on-boarding new graduates in the home health setting.